Sunday, May 22, 2011

Starting Solids -- or as Ajay would say, "what is this mush?"

Oh my goodness, how the time sure does fly! Little Man is almost five months old already and at his four month check-up our awesome pediatrician, Dr. Dixon, gave the go ahead to introduce solids. I don't know, I was somewhat melancholy with the news, but Arvind was very excited. Once I got over the notion of exclusively breastfeeding for the first six months, it did get exciting for me. In the grand scheme of things we are close enough, right? So anyway, we started solids last week. Here's how it all went down.


First, about two days before we were set to introduce rice cereal, I gave Ajay a spoon to play with (of course, supervised). He seemed to enjoy this new "toy".He took it from my hand and shoved it in his mouth. And then pulled it back out and looked at it again and then mouthed it some more. It was quite cute -- I'm not just saying that because I am his mom, either.



Then, we decided Mother's Day would be the big day. Arvind really wanted to be home for this event and I mean really, can you blame him? So on the big day, I fed him some of Momma's Finest and then we presented the cereal to him. At first, Ajay was really curious.He checked out the bowl and seemed to really be into this new experience.






But it didn't take long for him to let us know that rice cereal simply was not his thing. At least not that day.

Are you thinking about getting started on solids with your little one? I found this article on the Dr. Sears website super helpful! I hope you do, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment