Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Blue-Eyed Indian Boy!

I was sitting here, baby in bed and hubby on the way home from work, wondering what I could write about this evening. I mean, there are so many things that I could talk about but tonight I want to talk about my baby's eye color. Why? Well, let me tell you.

My husband is full-blooded indian. He is first generation here in America and his family is from a little city called Tamil Nadu in Madras, India. I am a hosh-posh of things, very far from full-blooded anything. I'm mostly Italian and Swedish, and the rest is anyone's guess. Why does that matter? Well, let me tell you.

From the moment that I started thinking about my husband and I having, I just assumed they would have strong indian traits, including but not limited to big, beautiful brown indian eyes. Not only did I assume this, but from the moment we were expecting, I pretty much shot anyone down with the whole genetics speech when they would even hint to the notion that our baby would get my eyes. I would talk about big B's and little B's and pretty much tell everyone it was impossible. Well, I guess God is here to prove once again, that nothing is impossible. Our little guy did in fact, get blue eyes....not just any blue eyes, but I think he got my grandpa's blue eyes. We are pretty happy and still at times, in disbelief.


No comments:

Post a Comment