Saturday, May 7, 2011

The Big O -- Getting to Pregnant

Congratulations! Whether you are trying to get pregnant or are on your way to the hospital to deliver your bundle of joy, your entire world is about to change and you'll never sleep the same again! I remember reading "pregnant" on that little white stick like it was yesterday. I couldn't wait to call Arvind to tell him the good news. One thing I learned, which was the first of many lessons, is that getting pregnant is a lot harder than you realize. The window of opportunity is so tiny and unless your menstrual cycle runs like clockwork, finding that window is nearly impossible. You start to hallucinate -- everything begins to feel like a sign of ovulation. Lucky for us, after about 6 months of trying, we were able to find "The Big O" and so a baby was made.


Once you think you may be pregnant, there's the long two weeks countdown from conception date to your menstrual period (or the long awaited positive pregnancy test)! Oh. My. God...time moves so slow.This website is awesome for tracking the symptoms and will give you confidence and hope as you wait for the time to pass: www.countdowntopregnancy.com. You can track and chart your symptoms and then compare them to other members. It is WAY cool!

I did read a book that I think helped us to get pregnant. I loaned it to a friend and a few months later, she was preggers, too. I sent her a message for the name of the book and as soon as I hear back from her, I'll post the title. The name of the book is Taking Charge Of Your Fertility. She loaned to another one of our friends who is trying to get pregnant.

Good luck! What a journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment