Thursday, June 30, 2011

Changing The Diaper -- so to speak

I remember when Ajay was first born he wore these tiny, tiny diapers that they give you in the hospital and he wore those for about the first 3 weeks, maybe a month. I don't know, just until we finally made our first trip to Costco. After that, he wore Kirkland brand 1-2 diapers. He's 6 months now and still fits pretty well in the 1-2's.

Every time we would go for our diaper buying trip, Arvind would do the calculation of A's weight and age to see if we would need to buy a box of 3's. Well, based on his weight, he's just not quite there yet. BUT, ever since he was about 4 months old he has been soaking the 1-2's during the overnight AND I think that may have been disturbing his sleep. So, about 2 weeks ago, I moved him into the size 3 diapers just for the overnight. They looked a little giant at first, but have worked like a charm for keeping my boy comfy and dry so he can get a good night's sleep.

So, I guess the whole point of the post is just to say, that a good rule of thumb for going up a size in diapers is not just taking weight into account, but how much your baby is soaking their current diapers, especially for the overnight. Who wants to sleep in urine?? Haha, I mean, I am sure it is all warm for the first minute but after that I'd be waking up, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment